With summer comes good weather and lots of activities. There is always something fun to do, from barbecues with the family to spending time with friends over an open fire. Unfortunately, it is somewhat common for drugs or alcohol to be a part of the mix. For a person working on recovery, that can prove challenging. Keeping yourself on the right path forward is essential, which is why you should plan sober activities. At Georgia Addiction Treatment Center, we encourage you to be a part of our alumni treatment program. To learn more about this option, please contact us today at 833.641.0661.
Stay Busy with Sober Activities
A big part of addiction treatment is learning to prevent relapse. You may do this by learning what your triggers are. These are things that make you think about or want to engage in use again. Being around alcohol or drugs or being with people you used to use can often be a trigger. That’s why, this year, it’s best to find activities you can do that will keep those triggers out of your mind.
Fun Activities for the Summer
There are plenty of things you can do to remain sober this summer. Enjoying nature, exploring a new hobby, and playing a sport are just a few of them. Alcohol or drugs does not have to be a part of any of these experiences. Still, here are some ideas to help you to make this the best summer.
- Host a backyard get-together with people from your support group. This is an excellent way to have some fun and meet up with friends. There’s no risk of alcohol or drugs on-site if you host it.
- Consider an adventure camp, spiritual retreat, or other holistic therapy experience where you can work on yourself. These types of incidents can create intense opportunities for building confidence.
- Take a vacation. While this may seem hard to do, many people who tour the world don’t use drugs or alcohol during the process. They skip the fancy (and expensive) drinks to focus on learning about the culture and people of the area.
- Find a way to give back. You may wish to volunteer at your treatment center, a local support group, an animal shelter, or a religious organization that’s important to you.
- Take time to make your home comfortable. Perhaps you want to add an outdoor entertainment space or update a room in your home for reading. Make home a place where you feel at ease.
There’s no limit to what you can do this summer. However, you have to make sure alcohol and drugs are not a part of it.
Call Georgia Addiction Treatment Center
If you are thinking about using again, don’t wait to contact a drug or alcohol rehab to get in for an appointment. Addiction treatment is not a simple and straightforward path. It’s filled with numerous ups and downs that can lead to relapse. That’s why it is so important to have a treatment center available that can provide fast, easily accessible appointments when you need to come in for one. We can do that for you. Take a few minutes to learn about our therapies, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Individual therapy program
- Group therapy program
- Family therapy program
Engaging in sober activities is a good way to maintain your long-term health. Yet, there may be times when you need a bit more help to stay on the right path. At Georgia Addiction Treatment Center, we work with men and women who may need help avoiding relapse and maintaining sobriety. How can we help you? Call 833.641.0661 or reach out to us online today.