Telehealth treatment involves the use of everyday technology, like telephone-based services, videoconferencing, texting, and web-based tools. It allows patients to receive care for a variety of medical and mental health issues. Telehealth services, such as telehealth therapy, can be extremely beneficial for those unable to leave home, people with transportation issues, and individuals with social anxiety. Reach out to Georgia Addiction Treatment Center at 833.641.0661 to inquire about the availability of addiction treatment program appointments.
What Is Telehealth?
Telehealth is a general term that refers to both clinical and non-clinical applications of technology, such as scheduling a telehealth appointment online. Teletherapy is defined as any treatment that is offered outside of the traditional in-person method of care. Telemedicine can involve diagnosing a patient over the phone, as well as performing telehealth therapy from the safety and comfort of home. This treatment can include Skype or other video conferencing, phone calls, email, text messages, or other digital communication.
In order to take advantage of telehealth services, patients must have easy and reliable access to a telephone. They may also require internet access. For this reason, while telehealth services help bridge gaps in care and treatment, telehealth treatment may not be the perfect solution for everyone and every healthcare situation.
The standpoint feature of telehealth treatment is that there is no need for in-person contact. Teletherapy allows patients like you to receive care and professional medical treatment from the comfort of their own home, on their own terms, at a schedule that works best for them. Telehealth therapy, specifically, can benefit both patients and medical professionals by using technology to connect them virtually.
Telehealth Treatment for Substance Use Disorder
There may be many benefits of receiving telehealth treatment to learn and recover from a substance use disorder. Some of which include:
- Patients have faster access to care and prescription refills.
- Patients can obtain telehealth treatment while continuing work with their regular therapist or provider.
- Healthcare providers may receive more insight into the patient’s condition by observing them at home, work, or where they like to spend time.
- Text messaging can supplement treatment plans by providing immediate support to cope with low-grade cravings.
The Benefits of Telehealth Therapy and Treatment
There are few disadvantages to telehealth treatment programs and telehealth therapy. The relative ease of use and universal access to care means that almost everyone can get the treatment and healthcare services they need and deserve, even if they struggled to find these services in the past. Some of the many benefits of telehealth services include:
- Ability to receive treatment on your schedule – Telehealth treatment makes it possible for you to schedule care around your job, your family, or transportation challenges.
- Ultimate convenience – Because no transportation is required, you can be in any location that has cellular coverage and internet service.
- Telehealth services are more affordable – With little to no overhead for the provider and no travel cost for the patient, telehealth therapy tends to be less expensive than traditional, in-person alternatives.
- Different options for group or individual therapy – Telehealth therapy provides a variety of treatment options, allowing you to select the care that works best for you.
- Privacy and confidentiality – There is no waiting room to navigate or worry about seeing others.
- Easy access to many licensed mental health care providers – Telehealth therapy providers are experts in their field, and you can choose a counselor that suits your desired treatment style.
You deserve to be treated by a medical professional on your terms, with telehealth treatment that fits within your schedule at a price you can afford. Don’t hesitate to make the call or go online to learn more about how the telehealth services at Georgia Addiction Treatment Center could be perfect for you and your situation.