After completing an intensive outpatient program, the next step in addiction recovery treatment is transitioning to an outpatient rehab program. In this type of program, individuals in recovery from substance abuse return to a higher level of independence while using the skills they have learned in addiction treatment.
At Georgia Addiction Treatment Center, our addiction treatment programs include outpatient treatment that helps you build habits for lifelong recovery success. You have worked hard to get to the point where you can take on more responsibilities at work, home, and school. As you continue to rebuild your life, you deserve to receive ongoing support to maintain your sobriety. Give us a call today at 833.641.0661 to learn how our outpatient treatment programs can help you stay on track.
Is Outpatient Treatment Right for You?
Many patients in an outpatient addiction program live at home, while some live in community housing programs with other recovery-focused individuals. However, everyone in these programs spends time at an addiction treatment center in group or individual therapy sessions. The most effective outpatient treatment programs will also include wellness programs to promote physical and emotional well-being. By combining wellness with other therapeutic interventions, an outpatient treatment program can help you heal in body and mind.
For many individuals in recovery, outpatient care can be one of the final steps in a formal addiction treatment plan. Although recovery is a lifelong process, the goal of addiction treatment programs is to provide a network of support and give you the tools you need for success. Ask yourself the following to determine if you are a good fit for an outpatient treatment program:
- Are you ready to begin working, going to school, and taking care of responsibilities at home?
- Have you gone through a residential or partial hospitalization program successfully?
- Do you have friends, family, or others who will support and encourage you throughout recovery?
- Have you developed healthy coping skills and life skills so that you are ready for any future challenges?
If you can answer yes to the above questions, you may benefit from an outpatient treatment program.
What Are the Benefits of an Outpatient Rehab?
There are many benefits of outpatient rehab over other forms of addiction treatment. Here are some of the advantages of outpatient care:
- Outpatient care is less expensive than residential treatment.
- Outpatient care is flexible and can be tailored to your unique needs.
- You can receive care while continuing to work or go to school.
- You can continue to live at home and receive support from friends and family.
- Outpatient care provides a continuum of care that can help you maintain sobriety.
Outpatient treatment is not ideal for everyone. If you have a severe addiction or mental health disorder, you may need a higher level of care. If you are not ready to take on more responsibility, you may benefit from a more intensive treatment program. In addition, if you don’t have a supportive home environment, you may want to consider a different type of treatment program.
How Does Outpatient Treatment Work?
An outpatient treatment program is a final step in many formal addiction treatment programs. The primary goal is to give you the tools you need for lasting sobriety through different therapeutic modalities, education, and wellness programs. An outpatient treatment program may work similarly to the intensive outpatient treatment you previously received. The main difference is in the length and frequency of your visits to the treatment facility. Your outpatient treatment program may look like this:
- A brief weekly session at your treatment center
- Check-ins with a practitioner to monitor your health
- Individual counseling to strengthen your mental health and coping skills
- Group therapy to share recovery experiences and learn life skills
- Family therapy to heal relationships and build your support system
- Complementary therapies to increase confidence, stress relief, and overall well-being
As you progress with your recovery, your treatment team will be with you every step of the way to ensure that your treatment plan addresses your unique needs. If need be, we can also change your treatment plan based on your needs.
Therapeutic Options Available During Outpatient Addiction Treatment in Georgia
Your personalized outpatient treatment plan will include several behavioral and complementary therapies, such as:
- Recreational therapy
- Expressive therapy
- Group therapy
- Trauma-focused treatment
- Motivational interviewing
- Family therapy
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
As you rebuild your life, you will have more freedom. However, with this freedom, you might also experience stress and other triggers that could tempt you to turn to drugs or alcohol to cope. That is why your outpatient treatment will emphasize the skills and strategies that you can use in everyday life, along with the importance of a strong network of support. Additionally, wellness programs that enhance the health of your mind and body can make it easier for you to stick with your recovery goals. You may learn about nutrition, exercise plans, and other healthy habits that support a sober lifestyle.
Find Support at Georgia Addiction Treatment Center
In our outpatient addiction treatment program, you will find competent, caring staff. Some of our staff members are even in recovery themselves and can deeply understand your struggles. You will also meet others who have struggled with addiction in group therapy sessions, so you can support each other and learn from each other’s experiences. With our vast range of behavioral and complementary addiction treatment therapies, you are sure to find the support you need to stay on track for sobriety.
When you are ready to make a change in your life, try our outpatient rehab. Find hope and healing by giving us a call at 833.641.0661 or contacting us online. Rebuild your life today with the help of outpatient treatment in Georgia.